Friday, March 8, 2013

Quilts quilts quilts quilts quilts

Since this is a brand spanking new blog, I have a lot of white space to fill! And why is there a three year gap in my quilting?

In 2009 I became so ill with a disabling disease that I could no longer quilt. I spent several years bedridden and using a wheelchair to get to doctor and hospital visits. A life-changing surgery in November of 2012 freed me and now I feel like a young kid charging out onto the playground! Being able to walk, sit at my machine, and drive to the fabric store are things I no longer take for granted.

So I'm blowing the dust off the Bernina and jumping in! Life is GOOD!

Take the Steps
54 x 38
Take the Steps, detail


A sampling of quilts

Here are a few of my quilting explorations so far....

  • Take the Steps - 2003, Juried into "Sacred Threads" Exhibition, Columbus, OH
  • Sarah with Guitar - 2008, private collection
  • Lake Quilts - 2004, Exhibited at "Les Femmes Artists" and televised on local NBC affiliate
  • Looking at You - 2006 - Juried into "Fragments" Exhibit, Museum of Art, Bakersfield, CA
  • Faces - 2007, Juried in "Portraits" Exhibit, Liberty Art Gallery, Yreka, CA
  • Dancing Green - 2008, Recycled Challenge, Quilting Arts Magazine, private collection



Sarah with Guitar, detail
Sarah with Guitar
28 x 20




Starry Lake
16 x 12


Moon Lake
16 x 12

Magenta Lake
16 x 14



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these! I especially love the "Take the Steps" quilt! Gorgeous and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha you read the story behind the Steps quilt! Thanks for your comments, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete